Sunday, May 22 through Sunday, June 5th, Gracepoint Church will join with other churches of all denominations in the KC Metro for the 2016 "What If The Church" movement. Each year these churches join together to make an impact for the Gospel in our local area. The focus for 2016 is to make an impact in children in foster care. There are many ways our church can get involved:
- Each Sunday hear a message and information about foster care and the Gospel
- June 11th - area-wide "Serve Day". Our church will be helping at The Blue Door Project youth residence home to help with clean-up and demolition.
- June 16th - Foster Care Info Expo - join with people from other congregations to find out more info about the next steps in being a family for children in foster care. Located at New City Church, 7456 Nieman Rd., Shawnee at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 16th.
- June 25th - Gracepoint Church will have its own Serve Day to help The Blue Door Project get ready to open its doors to house youth by August. Cleaning, demolition, building a ramp, gathering needed items, etc.
- Foster Care Resource Closet - Gracepoint Church will have its own Resource Closet to provide items needed for foster families, as well as a Care Package to help when children are recently placed in a new home. (Items such as gently used clothes, hygiene items, diapers, wipes, etc.)